Good Search engine optimization always starts with applying On-Page SEO techniques. Having your On-Page SEO techniques correctly done you make it easy for Search engines to understand what your website is about. Structure well your site. Top 7 On-Page SEO factors to follow to improve your site rankings:
1. Keywords: Best On-Page SEO always starts with keyword selection. Use Google’s AdWords Keyword Planner to find relevant keywords with high traffic and less competition. Always remember that your keywords should appear natural; avoid keyword stuffing. Focus on good writing. Hint: Insert your keyword into the first 25 words.
2. HTML Title Element: It tells users and search engines what your page is about. Always Place keyword or keyword phrase in page titles; it will help page rank higher in search engine. Hint: Keep Title tags under 70 characters.
3. META Description and Meta keywords: Accurate On-Page SEO techniques incorporate good written Meta Description which includes the targeted keywords. Keep Meta description under 155 characters. If possible try to repeat your keyword twice in the Meta description, but make it sound natural. In the keyword tag include only relevant targeted keywords, avoid stuffing it with too many keywords.
4. ALT Tag: Basically Alt Tag is description of picture for Search Engines. Where appropriate, your images should contain your keyword or keyword phrase. 5. H1 Tag: H1 is a HTML tag for the first level heading of a web page: It’s very important as it describes the page content. It indicates that the text included in this tag has got the highest importance on a web page, so always include keyword you want to target in H1 tag.
6. Content: The best search results are about relevance. No matter what you do in terms of Off-Page or On-Page SEO techniques Google will always want to give the best user experience in the organic search. It’s been advised many times by Google itself and by many SEO Specialists that providing compelling content is essential for SEO. What does indicate though that you have good content? Well, Social Media involvement is a good indicator to Google of high quality content. People share what they like. Another way to see if the content you provide is useful is to monitor Google Analytics metrics. High-quality content will keep visitors on your website for longer. For example, the average visit time will help you determine how valuable users feel your content is. If you are not impressed by your website performance then it is time to do something about it.
7. Internal Linking: Another important term for On-Page SEO techniques is Internal linking. Internal links are links that are pointing from one page on a domain to other page on the same domain. Internal linking drives traffic to your other pages and as a result reduces bounce rate which has positive effect on ranking. Always link with related content. Have you applied any other Off-Page or On-Page techniques? Feel free to comment and share your experience!